Decluttering is super satisfying because you can see and feel results in an instant! Stop procrastinating and overcomplicating the process and just START!
By clearing the clutter and discarding what’s not adding value to your life will allow you to enjoy and appreciate the things you actually use.
To kickstart your clutter free journey, here are 25 simple things to sort through RIGHT NOW that you won’t miss. I promise 🙂
- Old magazines
- Expired medication
- Duplicate kitchen items you never use (eg multiple potato peelers)
- Old electronics (mobile phones + computers)
- Mismatched old socks with holes
- Chipped crockery and glassware you never use
- Pens and markers that no longer work
- Dried up nail polish
- Anything that’s broken and you haven’t gotten around to fixing (and probably will never)
- Fridge adornments and decorations
- Rubbish and misc items in your car
- Books you never read and will never read
- Shoes that hurt when you wear them
- Scissors that don’t cut well
- Invitations for events that have been and gone
- Apps in your phone you never use
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists that no longer serve you
- Earrings that have lost their partner
- Scratched dvds or cds that no longer work
- Subscriptions or memberships you no longer use
- Kitchen sponges and cloths that are old and stinky
- Toiletries and perfume you don’t like
- Bulbs that don’t fit any lights in your house
- Dead plants that can’t be revived
- Old loyalty cards in your purse you no longer use or need
Depending on the nature and condition of the items you choose to farewell, you may wish to dispose of, donate, recycle, consign or sell.
I always encourage my clients to be mindful when making future purchases after spending some time decluttering. Remember…what takes up your space, takes up your time.
Impulse shopping can also often result in pointless clutter. So, before purchasing something that’s on sale, ask yourself…
Do I need it?
Do I already own something similar?
Is it something I’ve been planning to buy for a while?
Would I still want it if it weren’t on sale?
Will I love it in 3 months?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and would love some non-judgemental support to help you calm the chaos and create some systems and order in your home, I’d be happy to chat through how I could assist.
Please do not hesitate to reach out and book in a FREE 15 minute phone consultation with me.
Keep an eye out on my Instagram and Facebook pages for more tips and tricks to help you stay organised and clutter free.